- 1 raw medium papaya, julienned or grated
- 1 medium whole head of garlic
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Flavorless oil - 2 tbs
- Green chillies - 3 or to taste (slitted)
- Salt - to taste
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Peel the papaya and cut the papaya into big pieces, then remove the seeds & the pith. Now grate or julienne the big pieces.
- Peel the head of garlic and chop it.
- Heat the oil on medium heat. Temper oil with cumin seeds. Stir for one minute or until they are lightly brown. Keep aside the cumin seeds on the other side of the pan, wok, etc.
- In the same oil at medium heat, add the chopped garlic. Stir until they are lightly brown. Add turmeric.
- In the same oil at medium heat, add the papaya. Stir and cover the cumin seeds, garlic, and the papaya in the pan, wok, etc. Add the slitted chillies. Saute a while or until the papaya feels soft or looks soft. Add salt and adjust for seasonings.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves if you want. Serve hot with plain rice or rotis.